Monday, March 14, 2011

More Growth

So it's been too long since my last post. I've been modifying my theme, approach, and overall idea for my portfolio. I still technically haven't chosen one single logo for everything, so I'm kinda flying with the one(s) that I have. I can't wait until I finalize my resume, card, and theme. Seeing my own brand on so much good work would make all my experiences worth it.

I've always had a plan from day one, but not really goals to shoot for. Over the course of my years in college, I've been refining my goals and updating my game plan everyday. I'm really proud that I can stand up for myself when it comes to my future. I know too many of my peers that listen or wait for someone else (i.e. teachers and each other ) to tell them how to plan and present their career and professional experience, which yeah, doesn't make sense.

But anyway, I'm thankful for the blessings I've been given and plan on using them to the fullest. It's just sometimes, I'm tired of always planning and not doing... It's been getting to me for a long time. When I was in high school, I was so excited and eager to learn how to use my talents because I knew that was the only thing stopping me, and I would take advantage as soon as I could. Here it is, over 2 years since I learned what I needed and started "taking off" like I promised myself I would. I'm moving slow but I can't complain as long as I'm moving forward, right. A learning experience came with all of that, not just of my profession but of myself. This is why I expect superior awesomeness out of myself everyday I wake up. I become disappointed in myself a lot when I don't deliver, cause's their's no one out there that can come down on me harder than myself. But I know I can shine above my peers somehow, now I have to prove it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment